PinCard & Troubleshooting
PinCard is a power-up for Trello that lets you pin cards to the top of lists, so they are never lost.
Check your browser's Cookie settigns
PinCard requires cookies to be enabled in your browser.
You cannot use PinCard in your browser's Private or Incognito mode.
To check your browser's cookie settings:
- Open your browser's Settings
- Search for "Cookies"
- Open the settings page called "Cookies and other site data"
- Ensure "Block third-party cookies in Incognito" or "Allow all cookies" is selected
- Open the settings page called "Cookies and site data"
- Ensure "Allow sites to save and read cookie data" is enabled
- Ensure "Block third-party cookies" is disabled
- Close Settings and refresh your Trello page.
Check your firewall settings
If you are on a corporate computer or network you may have a firewall that prevents access to PinCard.
Speak with your IT administrator and ensure the following domain is permitted in your firewall:
Test on a clean Trello board
It's possible that PinCard has a conflict with your board. This might be caused by other power-ups, unexpected data, invalid permissions, or a configuration.
Try creating a new Trello board with a few simple cards and lists. Then add PinCard power-up to the board.
If the problem is resolved, then on your problem board try disabling other power-ups, checking all cards for bad links, double-check your shared user permissions, and try re-saving the power-up's configuration settings.
Check your browser's console log for errors
To help diagnose problems, you can check the browser's console log for unusual errors.
- Open the Developer Console (press F12) and ensure the Console tab is selected
- Refresh the page
- Check for any errors in the console. Some errors are normal (see the screenshot below).
- Check the Network tab for any failed web requests (they will appear in red).
- Close the Developer Console by pressing F12 again.
Still having trouble? Contact us for help
If you're still experiencing problems please reach out to us and we'll be happy to help.